[Bug erledigt] Quick search 8.0.10

• Hello,
    In Ver 8xx there is a problem with quick search, if anyone has noticed. In version 7xxxx (not the latest beta), you could make a new , search, in all ready results that you had made before.
    For example i want to search "Mr John's" replies about "Box". First i was searching for "John" and after for "Box". Now i can see all sendre's with a subjet "Box".
    In previous versions 7xxx it was working very well. After the latest versions of 7xxx and now in 8xxx, it doesn't work. Even in this version they didn't fix it. :(

Thank you

• Can confirm.
    in QuickSearch a change of entry and Enter opens a new green result tab instead of staying in the current result tab.
    But it fails in 7.4.16, too.
    In which version did it work for you?

Please report the bug to Ritlabs at https://bt.ritlabs.com/bug_report_page.php

The Bat! Pro 11.x BETA (32bit) | Win 11 Pro x64 | GnuPG 2.4.x | XMP + Regula

Wer mich Er oder der Drache nennt, bekommt von der Drachin Pratze und Feuer zu spüren.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GwenDragon (18. November 2017 um 10:17)

• in QuickSearch a change of entry and Enter opens a new green result tab instead of staying in the current result tab.
    But it fails in 7.4.16, too.

Yes, but in v7.4.16 you got in each new tab less results because TB! searched in the previous tab, so you could narrow your search results. If you take the example from above, TB! searches for "John" in the tab "All" and opens a new tab "John" with the results. If you now search for "Box", TB! will search for it in the tab "John" and will open a new tab "Box" and so on.

In v8.0.10 TB! searches every time only in the tab "All". So, it's not possible to narrow the results.

Therefore, I can confirm this difference.

• Yes, but in v7.4.16 you got in each new tab less results because TB! searched in the previous tab, so you could narrow your search results.

Arggh. Oh, feeling dumb. My misinterpretation.

I apologize.

- - -
    0001343: Quick Search in Message List does not use focused tab for a refined search
    Please confirm bug!

The Bat! Pro 11.x BETA (32bit) | Win 11 Pro x64 | GnuPG 2.4.x | XMP + Regula

Wer mich Er oder der Drache nennt, bekommt von der Drachin Pratze und Feuer zu spüren.