Lost mail folders after splitting

• Dear All, The Bat 4.0.14 on one of computers in my office lost several folders. Bat suddenly lost few last years of backup folders, which are not visible neither in Bat client, nor mail store folder on hard drive. Beside that, after 2GB folder size warning, and splitting mails to new folder, this new folder also disappeared immediately right after moving messages
    On my computer too, Bat lost whole july inbox messages, and i didnt menage to get them back.

Is there anu specific reason for this phenomenon, Is there a way to recover lost emails?

If there is way to help me, please do, because colleague has some important business mails thet are lost.

Thank You in advance

• The shortcut [CTRL]+[ALT]+[SHIFT]+[L] could help. It finds lost folders if they're physically present. If not, you need a backup.

Besides that, a 2GB folder could be a problem for v4.0 because it has a limit for the folder volume which was removed only in v4.1 (see here).

Edit:
    The last v4.0 is v4.0.38. So, you should upgrade. You can find it on the official website. And you don't need a new licence for v4.1 if you've purchased yours after 11/20/2007 (see here).

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sanyok (11. Dezember 2017 um 14:23) aus folgendem Grund: Vgl. Edit.

• Wow, great, [CTRL]+[ALT]+[SHIFT]+[L] saved the day. Lost directories and mails are back. Thank You, hundred of times thank You.

Please tell one more thing. This upgrade to the latest 4.0 version, is it just upgrade, and all setups and mails will stay intacted, or i need to do backup, and then to do completely new fresh instalation, and then restore mails and rest?

• is it just upgrade, and all setups and mails will stay intacted, or i need to do backup, and then to do completely new fresh instalation, and then restore mails and rest?

Your messages and settings should stay intact after the upgrade, but you should make a backup before upgrading anyway. We have an instruction for manual backup in German here. If you upgrade from v4.0 to v4.1 or later, TB! will tell you that your mail database had to be converted because since v4.1 it uses a new format. That could take some time.